To be a world class professional organisation for administrators in the private and public sector, commerce and industry.
To provide an excellent platform that nurtures and supports the practice of administration in the private and public sector, commerce and industry.
The institute of certified administrators was established for the following objects:
- To foster effective knowledge sharing and skill development for the promotion and advancement of the efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs.
- To facilitate and maintain strategic linkages, cooperation and collaboration among institutions and individual professionals in the field of administration.
- To establish and maintain a qualifying scheme that is pitched at proficiency, associate and certified levels; is practical and is a key benchmark for administrative management and expertise.
- To sustain and enhance ICA’s professional standing globally by providing excellent support for administration and the individual.
- To provide efficient and effective administrative system that supports the attainment of ICA’s mission and vision.
ICA proficiency and apprenticeship tests are offered in Kenya in partnership with local institutions of higher learning that includes Colleges, Institutes and Universities. ICA develops the training curricula and study materials and approves the program trainers, while our partner institutions do the actual implementation of the curricula. This only applies to the administrative management proficiency programs, which are short courses that takes between three and four months, depending on the chosen method of study.
The Code sets out the duties owed by administrative professionals, clients, employees, other Professionals, the Institute, and the public.
HISTORY AND BACKGROUND
As the principal institute for administrative management in Kenya, a fundamental object for which the institute is established is the promotion and advancement of the efficient administration of commerce, industry and public affairs by the continued development of the study and practice of administration of organizations.